- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use coconut oil to grease the pan
- Process whole almonds in a food processor or blender until finely ground
- Beat 4 egg yolks, 1/2 cup honey and baking soda in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until well combined. Add the ground almonds and beat on low until combined.
- Beat 4 egg whites in another large bowl with the electric mixer until very foamy, white and doubled in volume
- Gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 28 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool completely.
- Carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter.
- To serve, drizzle the top of the cake with honey and sprinkle with sliced almonds.