Benefits of Warm Turmeric Cinnamon Milk:
Turmeric milk is high in antioxidants, anti inflammatory compounds, healthy fats (especially when using coconut milk), and also manganese and iron (found in turmeric). Turmeric in the diet increases the production of enzymes that digest fats and sugars, and stop cholesterol from forming gallstones. Cinnamon is now being used to manage diabetes and blood sugar problems, as well as heart disease. It has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and may also be used for diarrhea and indigestion.
- 2 cups almond, coconut or other milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Simply pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil.